Below are the most commonly used ITS tools and resources for staff. To view all of our services, go to Browse Services.
Connect to WiFi
- Use MSetup to register and connect your devices to the MWireless or eduroam campus network. You can also use MGuest, a limited WiFi network that does not require a uniqname and password.
- Working Remotely: Use the U-M Virtual Private Network (VPN) for an encrypted, secure connection to university resources when you are off-campus. Some university services require VPN when you access them from outside the university network. Please note the Guidance on use of unauthorized VPNs or similar extensions of U-M networks.
Essential Websites & Apps
- Remote Resource Guide
A collection of technology resources that helps bring your university work with you when connecting from anywhere in the world.
- Google Workspace for Education
Email, Calendar, Drive, and 40+ additional collaborative apps.
Cloud file storage that provides automatic back-up and is readily accessible from any device.
- Microsoft Office 365
Download & online access: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and other Microsoft apps.
- Wolverine Access
One-click access to the U-M tools and resources you use the most. Sign in to customize your individual homepage and edit your personal employment info, update your UM Emergency Alerts, and more.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Download and start using Adobe apps to create what you need.
Record and add a pronunciation link to your email signature.
Use Zoom, Google Meet or Microsoft Teams to host virtual meetings and classrooms with live video, audio, and content sharing from most devices. The Videoconferencing Tool Comparison Guide can help you decide which is right for you.
Use the MCommunity online directory to find contact information and more for all members of the U-M community. Update your directory profile and create and manage email groups.
Set Up Printing
- For MiWorkspace Computers
Install additional approved software from the Software Center (for Windows) or Managed Software Center (for Macs)
- U-M Software Directory
Search for no-cost access to many software titles you need.
- Software Store
Find licensed software available at reduced price to university faculty and staff.
- Tech Shop
Want software for personal use? Tech Shop offers discounted educational prices on popular software packages.
Tips for Safe Computing
Visit the Safe Computing website for security best practices to protect your computer, mobile devices, data, and your identity
- Choosing a strong and secure UMICH Password keeps your identity and U-M systems safe. Set up account recovery preferences to reset your password if you forget it.
- Use endpoint protection to safely connect to the U-M computing environment and the internet.
- Report online abuse, harassment, or suspicious emails to the university's user advocate.
- Register your laptop with U-M Department of Public Safety.
- Use a security kit to lock down computer components.