Below are the most commonly used ITS tools and resources for staff. To view all of our services, go to Browse Services.
Connect to WiFi
Essential Websites & Apps
- Remote Resource Guide
A collection of technology resources that helps bring your university work with you when connecting from anywhere in the world.
- G Suite For Education
Email, Calendar, Drive, and 40+ additional collaborative apps.
Cloud file storage that provides automatic back-up and is readily accessible from any device.
Cloud storage to share and discuss documents online.
- Microsoft Office 365
Download & online access: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and other Microsoft apps.
- Wolverine Access
Get quick access to grades, course registration, class schedule, account balance, and more.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Download and start using Adobe apps to create what you need.
Use Zoom, BlueJeans (retiring May 1, 2021), or Google Meet to host virtual meetings and classrooms with live video, audio, and content sharing from most devices. The Videoconferencing Tool Comparison Guide can help you decide which is right for you.
Use the MCommunity online directory to find contact information and more for all members of the U-M community. Update your directory profile and create and manage email groups.
Set Up Printing
- For MiWorkspace Computers
Install additional approved software from the Software Center (for Windows) or Managed Software Center (for Macs)
- Software Store
Find licensed software available at reduced price to university faculty and staff.
- Tech Shop
Want software for personal use? Tech Shop offers discounted educational prices on popular software packages.
Tips for Safe Computing
Visit the Safe Computing website for security best practices to protect your computer, mobile devices, data, and your identity
- Choosing a strong and secure UMICH Password keeps your identity and U-M systems safe. Set up account recovery preferences to reset your password if you forget it.
- Download free anti-virus software to securely connect to the U-M computing environment and the internet.
- Report online abuse, harassment, or suspicious emails to the university's user advocate.
- Register your laptop with U-M Department of Public Safety.
- Use a security kit to lock down computer components.