Software Access Groups
Software availability is based on your U-M Ann Arbor role and affiliation. To see what specific titles are available to you, view the software list and select your role.
- Students & Faculty: Access to all software
- Staff: Access is limited to titles available for both administrative & research-based use
- Staff (Research): For staff involved in non-profit/publishable research, some additional titles are available but require an exception. See the list of titles for which an exception may be permitted by using the "Staff (Research)" role filter.
- Alumni & Guests: Limited access to software
More Ways to Access Software
If you don't have access to a software title through Campus Computing, there are other ways you may be able to access software.
For Work or School
- For departmental computers, the ITS Software Store offers hundreds of software titles at a reduced price.
- For MiWorkspace computers, install additional approved software from the Software Center (for Windows) or Managed Software Center (for Macs).
- For instructors, request specialty software in the Classroom Reservation & Instructional Software Submission (CRISS) system.
- For faculty & staff with a work related need for Campus Computing software, submit a request for Campus Computing to grant an exception for you to use the software.
For Personal Use
- Check out the Tech Shop for discounted educational prices on popular software packages, like Adobe Creative Cloud.