Users with active U-M Ann Arbor Campus affiliation can get access to over 200 software titles, like Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS, Stata, SAS, Matlab and more. View the software list to see a full list of available titles and the workstation types they are available on.
The available number of software library titles available can vary based on:
- Software Access Groups based on the user’s University role and affiliation
- The type of workstation used to access AppsAnywhere
U-M uses the software delivery platform, AppsAnywhere, to provide ready to run campus-provided Windows software.
PC users can access the AppsAnywhere Portal in three ways:
Mac users can access the AppsAnywhere Portal only through Virtual Sites.
Mac computers in Campus Computing Sites locations also come with a broad range of Campus Computing software pre-installed in the application menu.
Software Access Options and Workstation Types
Use a Campus Computing Sites workstation or access software from your personal device.
Virtual Sites provides access to AppsAnywhere and the Campus Computing Sites Windows desktop experience virtually via remote sessions.
AppsAnywhere (direct from Personal PC)
After a one-time client setup you can use the AppsAnywhere web portal to directly download ready-to-run-campus-provided software to your personal Windows PC.
Sites @ Home
Sites @ Home is a new service that loans a limited number of laptops to students. These Windows laptops also have access to many software titles in the Campus Computing Sites software library using AppsAnywhere.
Campus Computing Sites are equipped with multiple types of devices.
- Full Campus Computing Sites Windows desktop and the widest range of Campus Computing provided software via the AppsAnywhere web portal.
- Full Campus Computing Sites Mac desktop with a broad range of Campus Computing provided software pre-installed in the application menu. Access Windows software titles by using Virtual Sites from our Macs
- Campus Computing Sites partners with the College of Engineering to provide their CAEN Windows and Linux computing environment and their wide range of engineering software on select CCS computers.
Access Methods by Workstation Type
|Workstation Type||App Menu||Device Options||App List||Location||Offline Option||Storage||Printing||App Accessed By|
|Virtual Sites||AppsAnywhere (web portal)||
Windows, Mac, Android
|Full||Remote||No||Cloud, Local (client required)||FollowMe, MPrint (Install Required)||Browser or Local client|
|Personal PC||AppsAnywhere (web portal)||Windows||Limited||Remote||Yes||Local/Personal||FollowMe||Local Installation|
|Sites PC||AppsAnywhere (web portal)||Windows, CAEN (Win/Linux)||Full||On Campus||No||Cloud, Local/Personal||MPrint, FollowMe, Onsite||Pre-installed|
|Sites Mac||Mac Application Menu||Mac, Virtual Sites||Moderate||On Campus||No||Cloud, Local/Personal||MPrint, FollowMe, Onsite||Pre-installed|
|Sites @ Home||AppsAnywhere (web portal)||Windows||Full||Remote||Yes||Cloud, Local/Personal||MPrint, FollowMe, Local||Local Installation|