Digital Signage will facilitate you hardware order. Learn about your hardware options. Based on options selected, the price for a standard visual content display is between $1,800 and $3,400.* Cost includes:
- Content Player.
*Standard hardware price range may be adjusted based on the current market.
Note: Plan to refresh your hardware approximately every 4 years. Refer to the Hardware Lifecycle.
Each unit is responsible for infrastructure and hardware installation. See Physical Installation of Digital Signs for more details. Installation costs will vary depending on existing infrastructure and work needed. Cost considerations are:
- Network drop.
- Power outlet.
- Any physical installations.
- $250 annual service fee per display ($20.83/month via service unit billing).
- Includes support and maintenance of the Four Winds platform, start-up consultation, content player image support, and platform troubleshooting.
- Consultation on implementation and content builds.
- U-M-specific video tutorials and knowledge articles.
- Maintenance of infrastructure, server, and content player environment .
- Ongoing Tier 2 break-fix support:
- Each unit that purchases Digital Signage is responsible for providing first-level support for the system.
- If after troubleshooting the unit contact for the sign needs help to resolve an issue, they can contact the ITS Service Center.
- Annual updates to the Hardware Lifecycle roadmap.
- Service information updates (e.g. authorized signer change, access modification, adjustments to billable number of signs, etc.) require an existing service change request.
- 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday for consultations and support. Contact ITS Service Center.
- After hours requests will be reviewed the next business day.
- 24x7 service availability except for planned or emergency outages.
- Systems reboot once daily between 2 a.m.–5 a.m.