A fresh look and new features are coming to Google Calendar on the web. Google is taking the modern color palette and sleek design of the mobile app and bringing it to the web using a responsive layout that auto-adjusts to your screen size.
Beginning November 1, click at the top of your Calendar to get started using the new version. The current Classic Calendar will remain available until February 28, 2018. After that, only the new calendar will be available. If for some reason you want to switch back to Classic Calendar before February 28th, you can find it in the new Calendar settings.
With the new Calendar for web, you can:
- See conference room details when booking a room. Hover over a room name in Calendar and a hovercard will pop up with details about the conference room location and resources.
Note: Details appear only if they are provided to ITS.
- Add rich formatting and hyperlinks to Calendar invites. Link to spreadsheets, documents or presentations in your Calendar invite and open them from the new Event Detail view. Create more detailed agendas and keep materials in one place before the meeting starts.
- Manage multiple calendars side by side in Day view. Click Day view and select the calendars to compare.
- See contact information of meeting participants by hovering over their names in a Calendar invite.
- View and restore deleted items if you accidentally delete a meeting invite.
- A Hangout is automatically attached to new events created with multiple attendees.
- Day, Week, and Month views are now more accessible, featuring better compatibility with screen readers.
Some changes we have noted in the new version:
- Phone numbers need to be setup and verified again to use SMS notify.
- Edit event is more options.
- New single-click event details screen.
Learn more at the Google support site.