The monthly U-M Google Updates inform campus of Google releases for Core Apps as well as the Non-Core Apps (those that are not part of the G Suite for Education agreement). We communicate important information on Core Apps throughout the month. Core and Non-Core Apps are listed on the U-M Google List of Services page.
- New! You can export presentations in OpenDocument Presentation (ODP) format from Google Slides.
- Gmail and Google Calendar just got a whole lot better on iOS! This is the biggest overhaul of the iOS app in nearly four years! Some of the exciting new things you can do are:
- Undo Send just like on the desktop
- Search faster with instant results and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive or delete items out of the inbox
- Spotlight Search support so you can search for Events, Reminders, and Goals in Apple’s Spotlight Search.
- Notifications and more in the Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides apps for Android. Notifications which are currently seen in Google Drive Android app are now visible in the Docs, Sheets, and Slides Android apps. In Sheets, you can now resize rows and columns, create and edit data validation, and change the color of tabs.
- Trash view and more in the Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides mobile apps for Android. You can now view and restore previously deleted files and insert GIFs into documents.
Note: Keep in mind that even when non-core apps are found in a core app (like Google Drive), they are not covered by the G Suite for Education agreement.