Google Jamboard is both a core service—covered by U-M's contract—and a physical device.
Jamboard helps teams collaborate in new ways:
- Sketch ideas whiteboard-style while benefiting from the access and connectivity of an interactive and responsive canvas.
- Drop images, add notes, and pull assets directly from the web or Google Drive.
- Connect with team members from anywhere around the world in real time.
A session, or "jam," can be joined from a physical Jamboard, desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Jamboard supports up to 16 touchpoints (or interactions) at once on a single “jam”.
- Shape recognition tool: use a finger or stylus to draw a perfect shape.
- Handwriting recognition tool: use a finger or stylus to write and it will be converted to text.
- Insert sticker or stencil tool: add images from the gallery to a jam.
The tablet app and the Jamboard app can be used to perform all of the features available. The phone app has a subset of the editing features. To add files from Google Drive to a jam use the phone or tablet app. To view a jam, use the web viewer.
Request a Jamboard or a Jamboard Demo
Interested in acquiring a Jamboard? Have questions about the Jamboard service? Contact the ITS Service Center.