Google Jamboard is a core service covered by U-M's contract.
Jamboard helps teams collaborate in new ways:
- Sketch ideas whiteboard-style while benefiting from the access and connectivity of an interactive and responsive canvas.
- Drop images, add notes, and pull assets directly from the web or Google Drive.
- Connect with team members from anywhere around the world in real time.
A session, or "jam," can be joined from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Jamboard supports up to 16 touchpoints (or interactions) at once on a single jam.
Note: Physical Jamboard kiosks have been discontinued by Google. If you own a physical kiosk, you can continue to use it without issue.
- Shape recognition tool: Use a finger or stylus to draw a perfect shape.
- Handwriting recognition tool: Use a finger or stylus to write, and it will be converted to text.
- Insert sticker or stencil tool: Add images from the gallery to a jam.
For more information on all the features available, visit Google's Help Center or U-M's Overview of Jamboard documentation.
The Jamboard tablet app can be used with all of the features available. The phone app and web app have a subset of editing features. To add files from Google Drive to a jam, use the phone or tablet app.