This page provides information about known Dropbox accessibility barriers and workarounds and will be updated regularly. If you have any questions, please contact the ITS Service Center.
You can also contact Dropbox directly with questions and comments regarding accessibility at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Known Accessibility Issues
Based on an evaluation by the ITS Digital Accessibility team, Dropbox meets with some exceptions the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA. Several accessibility issues, including the following, are present in the web version of Dropbox:
- Search input grows horizontally and additional content is hidden below (e.g., "Begin typing to search Search for files, folders, and content...").
- Screen readers will skip over account menu children.
- Link to upload/change account photo is not keyboard operable.
- Keyboard users/screen readers have to tab through a number of controls before they can access the menu that opens when clicking "+" to invite more members.
- On the Home page, the “Group name” button is not accessible to keyboard users (i.e., they must guess how to get to it).