Add-ins, add-ons, and apps provide ways to integrate third-party services with cloud collaboration services provided by ITS at the University of Michigan. They can be found within each service’s respective app center or marketplace.
Eligible faculty, staff, and students on all three campuses (Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint) and Michigan Medicine (Level-1 only) can use them in the following services:
- U-M Dropbox
- U-M Microsoft Office 365
- U-M Microsoft Teams
- U-M Slack
- U-M Zoom
While add-ins, add-ons, and apps are available within most cloud collaboration services at the university, ITS does not provide technical support for third-party add-ins, add-ons, or apps or the third-party services with which they integrate.
Third-party add-ins, add-ons, and apps:
- Are only installable at the individual account level and only interact with data accessible to that individual’s account (unless it is added to a space where other users can access it).
- Will not be installed for all users in a service.
- Are not covered under our agreements with Dropbox, Google, Microsoft, Slack, and Zoom.
- Cannot be used with sensitive data, such as PHI or FERPA, unless otherwise noted in the ITS Sensitive Data Guide for the service.
- May behave in unpredictable ways.
- May not work as intended if it interacts with services/features that are not available or enabled at the university (e.g., Microsoft Exchange).
For more information on using sensitive data in U-M cloud collaboration services, visit the Safe Computing pages for each: