Tech Shop Sales Consultants assist customers in person, via email, and by phone with technology purchase needs. Ideal candidates are customer focused, self-motivated, dependable and able to be a positive contributor to the Tech Shop.
- Advising customers on purchasing decisions with respect to new computer systems, peripherals and software offerings
- Answering questions about computer configurations and assisting with product and prices comparisons
- Assisting customers by phone, via email, and in person with the previous tasks and being able to direct customers to the appropriate information on the Tech Shop website
- Processing sales transactions accurately and efficiently on a point-of-sale system
- Processing orders to be shipped to customers
- Assisting with stock room tasks on an as-needed basis
Learn about leading edge, core technologies at the University of Michigan. Be a part of a multi-disciplined dynamic team working towards a common goal.
- Must be a student of the University of Michigan
- Familiar with Apple and PC hardware and software
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Able to move and organize stock; including the ability to climb a ladder, move items overhead, and safely lift or maneuver 30 pounds unassisted
- Work experience in a customer support, sales or service role
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Work Locations and Hours
Student employees will be required to work a minimum of 8 hours per week; most work 10-15 hours/week during the academic term.
Tech Shop is located in the Michigan Union. Hours of operation vary throughout the year. Flexible scheduling is available.
$15.00 per hour
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to [email protected].