The following Marking Cloud resources are available to help individuals understand and use the system. It is recommended all users complete the training(s) related to their work in Marketing Cloud. All provided training times are estimates.
Note: All training materials are provided by Salesforce and may contain information on features not used at U-M. Whenever possible, the descriptions below indicate which parts of the training are not applicable.
Marketing Cloud Overview
Marketing Cloud Products (1 hr)
- U-M does not use all Marketing Cloud products; this training provides an overview of what the tool can do as a whole.
Email Marketing Best Practices
- Marketing Cloud Basics (30 min)
- Email Studio Basics (40 min)
- Email Marketing Strategies (1 hr 20 min)
- Personalized Email Marketing (50 min)
- Learn Privacy and Data Protection Law (30 min)
- The first unit in the US and EU modules are recommended; the additional units provide details that are not applicable for U-M use cases.
- Transactional Messaging (40 min)
- Marketing Automation Strategies (55 min)
Email Message Design
Content Creation and Email Delivery
- Email Creation and Sending (25 min)
The Import Subscriber Data unit does not need to be completed, unless you want to complete the training badge. Never import contacts into Marketing Cloud this way unless there is discussion and Administrator approval.
- Marketing Content Creation (30 min)
- Content Builder Features (55 min)
- Create and Send Targeted Emails with Email Studio (5 hr 25 min)
- Content Builder Basics (35 min)
- Audience Segmentation (10 min)
- Customer Journey Basics (30 min)
- Journey Builder Basics (30 min)
- Journey Builder Campaigns (40 min)
- Advanced Customer Journeys (40 min)
Tracking and Reporting
Marketing Cloud SQL
Additional Documentation & Resources
Other relevant documents, white papers, etc. related to Marketing Cloud and email marketing best practices can be found in the Marketing Cloud Training Documentation Google Drive folder.
- Marketing Cloud Help Resource
This is a great resource with a lot of detail to troubleshoot and learn more about every Marketing Cloud feature. Filter Cloud = Marketing for Marketing Cloud specific help.
- Prepare for Marketing Cloud Email Specialist Certification
Follow the training on this page if you are preparing to take the Certification exam. The majority of the training on this page is listed above, but there are additional training and resources that you need to know for the test that are not relevant to U-M use cases.
If you are currently working with the SFCOE and need support for your production environment, please complete this form to open a ticket or contact the ITS Service Center.