U-M Payroll Office staff use the Payroll module to maintain payroll data and manage the payroll processes. The module captures employee attendance and timekeeping information, produces checks and statements of earnings (paystubs), distributes salary and fringe benefits to staff and retirees, processes remittances to government agencies for whom deductions are taken, and creates required tax documents.
Payroll draws the following information from other shared and integrated M-Pathways modules:
- Campus Community module: personal information, such as employee or student identification number (EmplID or UMID), name, and address
- Human Resources module: individual job, appointment, and funding data
- Benefits Administration module: retirement, benefit, and billing information.
- Time & Labor module: time reporting entries and leave plan information
Payroll also integrates with the M-Pathways Financial System, feeding information into the General Ledger and other reports.
The U-M Payroll Office provides detailed payroll-related information, including:
- Downloadable forms
- Electronic time entry deadlines
- Leave accrual schedule
U-M staff with payroll-related questions should contact U-M Human Resources to ask a trained specialist about payroll, benefits, employment, and general human resources.