Most Campus Computing Sites provide black and white laser printing, and several provide color or large format and poster printing. A full list of Campus Computing print locations along with maps can be found on the MPrint website by browsing destinations. Printing charges apply to documents printed at the Campus Computing Sites.
Sites Printing Instructions
Using Follow Me Printing
Follow Me is a virtual print queue that holds your documents for up to 24 hours, letting you control where and when they get released. Follow Me printing minimizes frustration from accidentally printing to the wrong printer, printing to a device that is jammed or out of toner, or having someone accidentally grab your document before you get to the printer.
Step 1 - Send From Anywhere
- Your mobile device - use the MPrint Mobile app
- Your computer - install Follow Me printer
- Any Sites computer - send to Follow Me printer
- mprint.umich.edu - set Follow Me as print destination
Step 2 - Release When You Need Them
- MPrint Mobile app on iOS or Android - knows what printers you’re near
- MCard or log-in on multi-function printers
- mprint.umich.edu/release from any computer
With the MPrint Mobile App you can print directly from your phone. No computer needed!
Campus Computing Site Printing Eligibility
Everyone is welcome to print at Campus Computing Sites. You may need to complete a couple of action items before you are able to print:
- If you have a uniqname, please visit mprint.umich.edu/account to determine which printers are available to you and what your remaining printing allocation is for Campus Computing Sites printing.
- If you do not have a uniqname, please visit mprint.umich.edu/guest or stop by a University Library Reference Service Desk for assistance.
Sites Printing Rules
- DO NOT insert different paper or other materials into the printers (i.e., resumé paper or transparency sheets). These may jam and damage the printer's inner components and you will be held responsible.
- DO NOT take paper from the Sites printers. Removing paper from the Sites printers is considered theft and disciplinary action will be taken.
- DO NOT power off the printers. If you experience a problem with a printer, contact the Sites staff or report the problem by calling the ITS Service Center at 734-764-4357.
MPrint Accepted File Types
.ai, .bmp, .c, .cpp, .csv, .doc, .docx, .eps, .gif, .h, .ico, .jp2, .jpeg, .jpg, .m, .odf, .pdf, .php, .png, .pps, .ppsx, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .psd, .py, .rtf, .tif, .tiff, .txt, .xls, .xlsx, .xml, .xps