We highly encourage our community to do everything possible to secure their meetings, participants, and data, and recommend the following methods of securing your Teams Meetings. Learn more about Meeting Options and Participant Settings.
Prevent Unwanted Individuals in Your Meetings
The primary method for preventing unwanted individuals from joining your meetings is by setting up a waiting room within the Meeting Options, and then selecting who is allowed to bypass the waiting room.
- Only you - Use when you want everyone else to wait in the lobby until you're ready to admit them.
- (Recommended) People in my organization - Use when you want all external guests (anyone outside your organization) to wait in the lobby so you can approve them one-by-one.
- People in my organization and trusted organizations - Use when you want some external guests to wait in the lobby so you can approve them one by one.
- (Not recommended) Everyone - Use when you don’t want anyone to wait in the lobby. You want everyone to be able to join your meetings without specific approval.
Minimize Disruptions in Your Meetings
- Mute participants - Learn about your options for managing attendee audio permissions.
- Control screen sharing - Learn about your options to both give and take control of shared content in Teams Meetings.