As a U-M campus community member, you have easy access to comprehensive information technology expertise, research, and analysis. U-M subscribes to research reports from Gartner and EDUCAUSE. The University Library has also added an IT Research Guide to the MLibrary portal where IT-related information is easily searched and accessed. These tools, available at no cost to all students, faculty and staff of the University, are described below.
EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology. EDUCAUSE and U-M are both members of the InCommon Federation, allowing you to log in using your uniqname and UMICH Kerberos password.
- On the EDUCAUSE website, click LOGIN (top right corner of screen).
- Click InCommon (top right corner of screen).
- Select University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- Click Confirm to confirm release to EDUCAUSE of the information displayed.
- If you are already logged in to U-M websites via Cosign, you'll be taken directly to the EDUCAUSE website. The first time you do this, you'll be asked to use your existing profile if you already have one or to create a new one if you don't. If you aren't logged in, you'll be prompted for your uniqname and password.
This login method is provided through the use of Shibboleth.
Gartner is a leading information technology firm that provides research and analysis services to inform and support decision-making in higher education and other industry sectors. Services and products include:
- Research reports
- Contract review
- IT key metrics data
- Peer networking
- Appointments with analysts
Gartner is available at no cost to U-M students, faculty and staff through the University of Michigan Library.
The U-M Library Information Technology Research Guide helps users locate and use IT-related resources including finding books, articles, databases and internet resources.