Proposal Approval Form (PAF)
This online course demonstrates how to create a Proposal Approval Form (PAF) in the eResearch Proposal Management system (eRPM). The PAF records the U-M review of, and approvals for a project proposal. This course is a pre-requisite for the eRPM instructor-led course.
In My LINC click Register, click Submit, then click Start.
(last updated: 3/18/2020)
Proposal Preparation and Unit Review
This hands-on session covers the process of preparing and submitting proposals using the eRPM, including Grants.gov. In this course, you will:
- Review the steps to create and edit a PAF (proposal approval form) in eRPM.
- Obtain system/process knowledge to finalize, validate, and route a proposal for approval; including PAF workflow, review processes, and submission methods.
- Learn how to use eRPM functionality to facilitate the proposal process.
Refer to the Reference Materials page for step-by-step instructions and support materials on using eRPM.
- Training Presentation Slides pdf
- Award Management How-Tos and References
- Accessing Sponsored Awards Data in BusinessObjects
- youtube Chapter 1 Introduction: Topics, Project Timeline, and Project Background (12:42) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 2 Award Workflow (10:55) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 3 Award Workspace, Main Tab (11:21) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 4 Award Workspace Tabs (14:04) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 5 Award Activities (18:18) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 6 Proposal Approval Form (PAF) and PAF Query Changes (4:19) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 7 Handling Changes to Active Awards: Requesting Award Actions/Changes (14:12) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 8 Modifications (7:33) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 9 Inbox and Project Listers (10:19) (Transcript)
- youtube Chapter 10 Data Conversion (9:28) (Transcript)