NetDash is a dashboard that hosts next-generation tools for delegated network infrastructure management. SwitchConf is the new application that can be used to configure ports on access switches in campus buildings. SwitchConf is the replacement configuration tool for DCT.
IMPORTANT: SwitchConf must be used instead of DCT to configure network switches that are in buildings that are connected to the new core network (see Distribution Layer Switch (DL) Replacement Project for further information). Use DCT for switches in buildings not connected to the new core network.
This video demonstrates how to use SwitchConf on the new NetDash dashboard. The documents below provide more information and may be referenced as needed.
- Log in to NetDash (VPN required if working remotely)
- SwitchConf: Activate a Network Port
- SwitchConf: Troubleshooting Network Jack Connections
- SwitchConf: Troubleshooting Slow Network Performance
- SwitchConf: Identify the VLAN a Network Port is On
- SwitchConf: VLAN Assignment Guidelines
- SwitchConf: Detect an IP Conflict