Wolverine Access (WA) serves as a gateway to many university systems and resources but the programming supporting it is out of date by today’s standards. As a result, ITS has pursued an alternate technology for the Wolverine Access gateway. Beginning May 6, everyone will have the option to experience the new Wolverine Access built on the OneCampus platform. The option will appear in a bar at the top of Wolverine Access on all Wolverine Access tabs. Links to university systems, websites, applications and resources currently available from Wolverine Access will remain the same, although the design of the links will appear different.
- The university systems, websites, applications and resources behind the gateway will NOT change.
The new Wolverine Access offers extensive benefits to individual users that go beyond what was previously available at U-M including:
- One-click access to the U-M tools and resources individuals use the most.
- Robust search capabilities within the U-M digital universe.
- A customizable individual experience, behind a secure login.
- A mobile-friendly, responsive design that is easy to use on all devices.
ITS plans to transition to the new version of Wolverine Access in late summer. The option to revert back to the “classic” Wolverine Access will be available into 2021.
The new technology, OneCampus, is used by several other BigTen universities. Some members of the U-M community are familiar with the functionality and benefits of the OneCampus platform through their use of MaizeLink.