November 15, 2021
The eResearch Proposal Management system (eRPM) was updated on November 15th, 2021 to version 6.3.
Award Change Request (ACR) Enhancements
New eRPM functionality replaces existing PACR form for all change request types and automates required approvals.
Now within the eRPM system:
- Research Administrators complete an updated ACR form and route for approval.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) approve ACRs electronically (instead of signing on the paper form).
- New investigators added to an existing Award sign the ACR.
- Reviewers unit approve ACRs.
Other enhancements include:
- The ACR workspace now looks more like Award and Award Modification workspaces.
- Lists each change type included in the ACR record, along with the status of each request.
- An ACR Type table displays the status of required approvals and which are pending/completed.
- Routing & Approval Details tab.
- The ACR identification number is appended to the AWD number, e.g. AWDxxxxx-ACRxxx, rather than ACRxxxxxxxx.
- When selecting a change type, a description for each option is included, with customized help text on the smartform page.
- ACRs electronically route to those individuals authorized to approve on behalf of the unit or school/college.
- The Award workspace Mod/ACR tab was updated to display the ACR Type and Status.
For further details, see the ACR Overview of Changes (pdf).
Updated Reports for Requesting a Change to Administrative Personnel
The PAF, AWD, and UFA reports used to request a change to administrative personnel on a project have been updated which:
- Allow the reports to be pulled by Department ID or PI with an administrative person as optional.
- Changed columns to reflect the administrative role on the project.
- Added a column on the AWD report for the Additional Post-Award Contact.
For Central Offices
- Fixed an error on the Compliance Factors page for AWDs and MODs where a “yes” answer to the question, for use of a controlled substance or propofol in a U-M research laboratory, triggered a validation rule for IBCA.
- The Human Subjects Module no longer appears on the PAF and Award in the list of Investigators’ PEERRS courses.