Proposal, Award, Subcontract, Unfunded Agreements
Quick Reference and Overview Guides
- Proposal Quick Reference Card pdf
Job Aid to that covers all Proposal Preparation topics through Route for Approval.
- Unfunded Agreements (UFAs) - Principal Investigator/Project Team Quick Reference Card pdf
Job Aid that covers how to enter an Unfunded Agreement in eRPM.
- Clinical Trial Routing Forms Quick Reference Card pdf
Steps to enter a Clinical Trial Routing Form (CTRF) in eRPM.
- Award Change Request (ACR) Overview of Changes pdf
- Create eRPM account
Use if you cannot find person in eResearch, (e.g., for people who have never logged into eRPM before).
- Agreement Acceptance
Job Aid to show you how to review and sign an Agreement Acceptance Request (AAR).
- AAR Status Map reference
- Basics - Create a PAF
Steps to Create a PAF (i.e., complete first page), navigate, validate, and route for approval (All details to answer individual questions of the PAF are included in eRPM system Help and Additional Help.)
- Add Sponsor Information
Steps to add or update Sponsor Information of the PAF and to indicate that the sponsor is a U.S. Federal Government entity
- Add Sponsor Information
- Cancel PAF
Primary Research Administrator & U-M PI may Cancel a PAF.
- Clone PAF
Steps to make a copy of an existing PAF.
- Clone an Unfunded Agreement (UFA)
Steps to copy data from an existing UFA into a new UFA.
- Email Notifications sent from eRPM
System-generated email notifications are sent on certain state changes and upon the completion of certain events/activities. This document provides details regarding notification triggers and recipients. Reviewer Access to eRPM is set up separately from email notifications.
- Find PAFs (All PAFs)
View all PAFs you have access to in eRPM. Steps to search for PAFs.
- Finalize Sponsor Proposal Documents
Process to prepare proposal for ORSP submission or Log Project Team submission to sponsor.
- Grants.gov in eRPM (complete guide)
- Hardship Requests
Describes the steps needed to request a hardship.
- Home Workspace for PI & Project Team
Describes the PI & Project Home Workspace (i.e., allows you to create PAFs, view and track proposals and award information).
- Log in to eResearch Proposal Management
Sign in to use the eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM) system.
- Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor
Steps to record Project Team submission in eResearch. Requires proposal finalization first. Allows you to upload a final copy of proposal.
- Manage Data
Steps to change some PAF information without editing the PAF worksheet (after PAF is routed for approval). This data can be managed by anyone with edit rights to the PAF Worksheet.
- Change Primary Research Administrator
- Submission Instructions
- Relate PAFs
Steps to relate two PAFs together. (PAF relationships are used for reporting purposes).
- PAF Summary - View and Print PAF (Display PAF Summary)
Steps to view & print all information and documents from PAF Worksheet in one place.
- PAF Workspace
View information regarding the PAF; current State of PAF/proposal; complete activities related to the PAF/proposal.
- PAF Status Map
Shows examples and descriptions of Status Map stops.
- PAF Status Map
- Post a Comment for the Entire Project Team
Steps for any project team member to permanently post a comment to PAF Workspace & if desired send via email. If used to request action, remember to select an email recipient.
- Route PAF for Approval
U-M PI or Primary Research Administrator can route a PAF for approval.
- Search eRA Commons IDs affiliated with U-M.
- UFA Summary - View and Print UFA
Steps to view & print all information and documents from UFA Worksheet in one place.
- Update Research Activity
Steps to update/complete the Research Activity questions in PAF Section 5.
- Update Submission Deadline
Steps to extend the submission deadline after the current Submission Deadline date.
- Working with Documents
Steps to work with documents in PAF (e.g., attach, upload new version, view version history, delete, manage document security).
- PANs/PACs (View All Award Notices)
As of 8/20/2018, PANs/PACs are replaced by an email notification when an Award or Modification is Activated. Historical PAN/PACs are viewable for reference only.
Changes are made and tracked after a PAF is routed for approval.
- Make & Submit PAF Changes
Primary Research Administrator & U-M PI can make and submit changes to a PAF Worksheet.
- View Details of Changes made to PAF Worksheet
All changes made are tracked in a Change Log.
- Home Workspace Reference - Inboxes, Tabs, and Project Listers (Awards, ACRs, In Progress)
- Status Map Reference
- Introduction to Award Workspace
- Search for Awards
- Manage Administrative Personnel
- Manage Non Key Investigators
- Manage Conflict of Interest
- Manage Unit Documents
- Post a Comment
- Project Team Manage Deliverables
- Sign Award Record
- Return Signed Contract
- Award Modifications Overview
- Award Modification Workspace Reference
Award Change Requests (ACR)
- ACR Overview of Changes (pdf)
- Request Action (Award Change Request)
- ACR Workspace
- Route an ACR for Approval
- Subcontracts in eRPM
Steps to associate a subcontract with a PAF, enter subcontract details, and upload documentation to submit to the Office of Contract Administration (OCA). Also, steps to closeout a SUBK.
- Request a SUBK Amendment
Steps to request a SUBK Amendment.
- Assign SUBK Management
Steps to assign a different administrator and UM PI (other than the PAF Contact PI) and/or a different department (other than the PAF Administrative Home) to "manage" a SUBK (i.e., enter a SUBK, approve a draft agreement, etc.).
Technology Control Plan (TCP)
- Complete and Route TCP
Steps for PI/Project team and Research Personnel to complete and route TCPs.
- Research Personnel Sign TCP
- Steps for PI/Project team and Research Personnel to sign TCPs.
- Make Requested TCP Changes
Steps for PI/Project team to make changes.
- IT Manager Sign TCP
Steps for IT Managers to review and sign TCPs.
- TCP Amendments
Steps for PI/Project team and Research Personnel to request, submit, and cancel TCP Amendments.
- Approve TCP Amendment
Steps for PI/Research Personnel to approve or request changes to TCP Amendments.
- IT Manager Approve TCP Amendment
Steps for IT Managers to review and approve TCP Amendments.