eRPM generates and sends email notifications for a variety of reasons. Email notifications from eResearch are HTML-formatted. For best results, configure your email client to display HTML-formatted email. Please contact your system administrator for assistance.
You cannot copy a document link and paste it into a web browser. It will not work.
Forwarding an email message does NOT give access to eResearch. The person must be listed on the project or be a Reviewer to have access to view a proposal, project, or award in eResearch.
Who Receives Email Notifications?
Based on the situation/event/system, activity emails are sent to:
- U-M Principal Investigator & Primary Research Administrator
- E.g., proposal routed for approval, reviewer requests changes, etc.
- You cannot turn off the option to send emails to a U-M Principal Investigator or Primary Research Administrator.
- PAF Email Notifier for each Department
- This group will get emails when it is their department's turn to review a PAF (instead of sending emails to all Reviewers).
- Reviewers & Unit Liaisons for departments can change/control who is part of this email group for each Dept ID. This does not give Review access for the department. Reviewer or Reviewer Who Can Sign must be set-up separately. Contact your Unit Liaison for more information.
- Selected individual using Post a Comment for the Entire Project Team
- E.g., use system to send an email to U-M PI to ask them to sign PAF/Conflict of Interest Statement
Learn more about eRPM System-Generated Email Notifications.