The university's version of BusinessObjects (BO) will no longer be supported by the vendor (SAP) after 2024. BusinessObjects needs to be updated to version 4.3 SP2 to remain fully functional and to continue to meet the needs of the university.
No, users can access BusinessObjects in the same way they have been accessing.
No action is required from users to run the reports in the new version with the same functionality. Given the look and feel changes to BusinessObjects, users may want to reference the Retrieve and Run a Report document when running a report in the upgraded environment.
No, the existing schedules will run as per schedule in the new version too. Users may want to take advantage of new features related to scheduling reports available in BO 4.3. See the Schedule a Report document for additional information about the enhanced scheduling functions.
No, the old version will no longer be available after the upgrade.
- Instance Manager is added to the BO Launchpad home page (Instances) to monitor the scheduled reports.
- Schedule reports to multiple destinations.
- Use Web Intelligence report as a source to create a new Web Intelligence report.
- Select reports as favorites and access them from the home page.
- Applet mode is not available because of using other technology than Java, but all Applet mode related features work in the new version except copying the report block to excel. Workaround is to export the report to excel.
- Hyperlink in the report cell can be tested in reading mode only.
No, users will use the same process as they have been using.
Yes, the test system (Sandbox) will be available to users even after Go-live of the new version.
- The BusinessObjects - Running Reports eLearning course has been updated for BusinessObjects 4.3. The course covers running, exporting, organizing, scheduling, and formatting reports. Even if you have taken this course previously, it can provide a good introduction to the upgraded environment.
- The BusinessObjects 4.3 User Resources website is your one-stop location for all BusinessObjects training materials.
- Overview of BusinessObjects 4.3 SP2 Changes includes feature mapping between old and new versions.
The October schedule avoids any critical reporting cycles for our partners, like: fiscal year end, calendar year end, enrollment third week, and other major reporting cycles.
If we don’t move forward in October, the other period of least impact is in late winter or early spring of 2023.
This is a brand new system. Everything is new from servers to application, and the existing production system will still exist. We are planning to move all objects from the old system to the new environment over the upgrade weekend. In the event of a rollback, we will revert back to the old system by moving the BO URL.
We have engaged with key stakeholders in our testing process including internal teams, ITS systems teams, EAS and business process partners, and business users from across the different functional areas.