The U-M API Directory is an enterprise service that provides access to repositories containing institutional data from U-M's teaching & learning, research, clinical care, public service, and administration.
Why are we replacing the current platform?
IBM, the current API management vendor, announced the end-of-life for our current product (API Connect v5). We are currently on extended support through the end of the calendar year 2022. We have issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) from various vendors to identify a new product to replace our current product.
New platform coming soon!
We issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) from various vendors to identify a new product to replace our current product. We have selected Google’s Apigee X. The project team is working with the new vendor to set up the new platform, developer portal, and to re-deploy existing APIs. We are notifying active APIs users as the APIs become available in the new platform. Find out more information about scheduled open office hours on Sessions.
We will continue to maintain the current platform until all customers have successfully cutover.
Register to attend scheduled open office hours on Sessions @ U-M to ask any questions or get support for the transition.
New API Development Freeze
We will be freezing new API development in the IBM platform from September 16, 2022 and will reopen in Apigee X in late February
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide project communications.
- Provide a new API management solution platform.
- Provide training for the new platform.
- Coordinate between multiple groups and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Stand up existing APIs in the new platform.
- Provide support as units cutover to the new platform.
- Retire/decommission any unused APIs.
Application Developer/API Consumer Responsibilities
- Login to the new platform and subscribe to the APIs for which you already have access.
- Follow the migration checklist to update your codebase to change the urls to the new platform and test.
- Update your codebase to change the URLs to the new platform and test.
- Notify the API Management team for any issues and work together to resolve them.
What You Need To Do
- Review your current API subscriptions. Unsubscribe your applications from any APIs you’re not currently using.
- Reserve time November through January to familiarize yourself and train in the new platform and change code base/test your application against new urls.
- Watch for email updates. As we finalize the onboarding and implementation plan, we will send updates about schedules and training. We will update this list with current action items as we move forward.If you would like updates regarding the project, join the MCommunity group.