The Denodo at U-M service is available 24x7 with the exception of system maintenance and unexpected outages.
- Monthly Windows OS Patching Maintenance:
- Sunday after 3rd Tuesday 5-6 a.m.
- Saturday after 3rd Tuesday 3-4 a.m. - Denodo web tools will be unavailable during this time but client connections to the Virtual DataPort server denodo.it.umich.edu will function normally.
- Regularly scheduled patching does not take place during a Production Freeze unless critical security updates are required.
- Quarterly Windows OS Maintenance: 4 times a year January, April, July, and October Sunday after 2nd Tuesday 5-6 a.m.
Each quarter the ITS MiServer Service will post an ITS Service Status page.
- Application and DB Maintenance: As scheduled and notified
- All planned changes: All changes that require downtime are required to be scheduled during the weekly or quarterly maintenance windows to the extent possible. All other scheduled changes will follow the change management process.
- Application Outages related to Denodo upgrades occur as needed and are communicated in the same way as the quarterly maintenance.
- Weekly Infrastructure Maintenance: Saturday 11 p.m.-Sunday 7 a.m.
Regularly scheduled patching does occur and does not take place during a Production Freeze unless critical security updates are required, but Denodo could be unavailable during these hours when maintenance is scheduled that would affect the service.
- If at all possible, users should refrain from scheduling reports to run during these planned maintenance times
Emergency maintenance is any maintenance that needs to be implemented immediately to prevent a service outage, fix a critical security vulnerability, or address urgent customer needs. The intent is to schedule all emergency maintenance at 8 p.m. unless immediate action must be taken. An announcement is posted to ITS Service Status and communicated via email to virtual database owners prior to any emergency maintenance.