Service Center support representatives are available Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m. On-call support is available 24x7 for service restoration.
Server Outages/Access Issues
If your virtual server is unresponsive or inaccessible in any way and you require immediate assistance, please contact the ITS Service Center and explain that your priority is High/Critical.
Modifying Your Server
You can independently manage and request modification to your server configuration through the Service Request System.
Manage server access through an associated MCommunity group.
Reviewing Your Server's Performance
You can view performance data by selecting a VM and then clicking the Monitor tab, then clicking Performance.
Upgrading Your Virtual Hardware
If you have a non-managed server, you will need to upgrade the virtual hardware version when notified via the MiServer.Notify@umich.edu mail group. Visit the VMware Knowledge Base for instructions on how to upgrade the Virtual Hardware Version.
Managed servers will have their virtual hardware versions upgraded automatically.
- MiBackup: Installation Instructions for Linux (RHEL)
- MiBackup: Installation Instructions for Windows
- MiServer: Help Me Decide
- MiServer: IAAS: Quick Start Guide
- MiServer: Managed Linux: Service Overview
- MiServer: Managed Windows: OS replacement options for managed Windows Servers
- MiServer: Managed Windows: OU and Server Local Admins
- MiServer: Managed Windows: Quick Start Guide
- MiServer: Managed Windows: Scheduling Downtime to Suspend Monitoring
- MiServer: Managed Windows: Service Overview
- MiServer: Managed Windows: Vulnerability Scans
- MiServer: Managed Windows: Windows Updates on Managed Systems
- MiServer: Setting Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) Options, Boot Order, or Boot From an ISO Image