MiServers can be set up in either Managed or Non-managed configurations.
|Feature||Non-Managed Server||Managed Server|
|OS options||Customer must purchase, install, and manage OS||Managed Windows 2019 and 2022, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 and 8, Ubuntu 22.04 and 20.04|
|System monitoring and notification||No||Yes|
|Secure U-M infrastructure||Yes||Yes|
|99.7% network uptime||Yes||Yes|
|VMware Tools (for improved functionality)||Self-install||Pre-installed|
|Patch management for operating system||No||Yes|
|Upgrades for virtual hardware||Self-managed||Provided|
|Backup and recovery||Optional||Optional|
A new Stretch Cluster for the MiServer environment will improve the reliability and capacity for applications running on the MiServer environment by seamlessly stretching the network across data centers. Benefits of using the Stretch Cluster are:
- Quicker disaster recovery and greatly reduced recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO) times.
- Pre-emptive migration for enterprise continuity during critical infrastructure maintenance.
- Seamless server migration to different data center locations provides a more cloud-like environment with greater flexibility.
- Easy to request and transparent to the customer—no additional configuration needed.
- Stretch Cluster capability hosted with newer more robust hardware, which improves overall service performance.