Requesting the Service
- Request MiStorage NFSv3
- Request MiStorage CIFS
- Request MiStorage NFSv4 with Kerberos
Please contact the ITS Storage Team to request MiStorage NFSv4 with Kerberos.
When making a request, you will need to provide the following information:
- Billing details
- Desired size of the storage space
- If selecting the CIFS Protocol:
- Active Directory group to have full control
- If selecting the NFSv3 Protocol:
- DNS Hostnames that will connect to the share—this ensures that only designated machines will have access to the appropriate data
- Primary Administrator Name and University of Michigan ID (UMID) number—this person will serve as primary administrator of the share and grant access to other users
Once you have requested a storage option, the MiStorage team will email the requester with information and instructions on how to mount the newly-created share.
The primary administrator (the person whose UMID was submitted) then mounts the share on the designated machines and adds permissions to other users who need access (if necessary).
After this setup, the share will appear to users as a drive on their computer, and they will be able to save files to and retrieve them from their MiStorage space as if they were using a local disk.
Establishing Permission for the CIFS Protocol
After ITS creates the storage instance, administrators will need to set up permissions for their users. In order to do this, they will need to use a domain-joined PC (not a Mac) to set the Access Control List (ACL) permissions. The domain must be UMROOT. If ACLs need to be changed at a later date, they will also need to use a domain-joined PC.
Modifying the Service
Once you have completed your order for storage, you can make changes by modifying your request form with updated information. View your list of instances and update the appropriate form to make changes.
- Modify MiStorage CIFS Storage
- Modify MiStorage NFSv3 Storage
- Modify MiStorage NFSv4 with Kerberos
Please contact the ITS Storage Team to make MiStorage NFSv4 with Kerberos changes.
Units who currently have MiStorage now have the added feature of reviewing all of their storage information in one table. The Review storage table includes size, add ons and total costs. Review your storage here.
In order to cancel your service, you will need to begin by removing all your files from your storage instance. After the files have been removed, go to the Modify page and delete the instance.