National Science Foundation Grant
Brian Noble Faculty PI
The 100Gb Innovation Project enhanced the core network capacity and increase speed between core network components and external research networks. This project:
- Improves research data and compute capacity and speeds on campus and to external research networks.
- Ensures ITS is prepared for future network growth.
- Permits our Merit and Internet2 partners to more effectively support and consult on network issues.
- Allows more flexibility and functionality for new network designs.
- Replace four core routers with 100 Gb/s equipment (2013-14)
- Connect the MACC and MDC data centers at 100Gb/s (2014)
- Create a 100Gb/sec connection to Internet2
- Upgrade 30 buildings from 1Gb/s to 10Gb/s (2014)
- Install perfSONAR devices across the network (2014)\
Components of the Core Network
Improved Research Connections
The 100 Gb/s Innovation Project also improves connections to other research networks. The diagram below provides information on university connections and speeds available.