Software Services often receives requests for information about Project Management software in use at U-M. Here, we have compiled a list of software that is in use in various capacities at the university. If you have a title that you are using and would like to add it to the list for others to reference, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Additional Cost Options
- TeamDynamix Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- TeamDynamix (TDX) Project Portfolio Management (PPM) is a shared project management tool administered and supported by the ITS Project Management Office.
- Microsoft Office 365
- The university’s instance of Microsoft 365 includes a lightweight planning tool similar to products like Trello called Planner.
- GitHub enables lean and Agile project management from basic issue tracking to Scrum and Kanban-style project management. GitHib offers project planning as well.
Available for Purchase in the Software Store
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Project is a project management software product, designed to assist a project manager in developing a schedule, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
- Only available to purchase at the ITS Software Store for Faculty & Staff on university machines
Online Software with Free Versions
Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards.
- Jira Software
Jira Software is a platform that combines issue collection and project management capabilities into a single application to help plan and organize tasks, workflows, and reports.
Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid. Users can create a database, set up column types, add records, link tables to one another, collaborate, sort records and publish views to external websites.
Asana is a web and mobile work management platform designed to help teams organize, track, and manage their work. Teams can create projects, assign work to teammates, specify deadlines, and communicate about tasks directly in Asana.
For-Fee Online Software
- Used for collaboration and work management. Used to assign tasks, track project progress, manage calendars, share documents, and manage other work, using a tabular user interface.
- 30-day free trial
Still Can't Find What You're Looking For?
- For IT providers across U-M, consider joining the Project and Program Management Michigan IT Community of Practice.