The Tech Consulting Team typically offers real-time, walk-in support at no cost to you. With the on-going need to support people remotely, we have shifted our operations to continue to provide support to the university.
New this fall, we are offering remote Zoom Tech Consulting sessions. Our student team partners with you to solve issues, find resources, and diagnose problems. Our goal is to help you feel informed and empowered to get the most from your technology.
How Remote Tech Consulting works:
- First, sign up for an available appointment on the Tech Consulting Google Calendar.
- There are 2 appointment slots available for each time slot.
- Each consultation is intended to last 20 minutes, with a buffer built in to allow the Tech Consultants opportunity to document each consultation and prepare for the next one.
- Prior to the start of your consultation, the Tech Consultant that will be working with you will add a Zoom link to the appointment, which you will be able to access from your Google Calendar.
- If you need direct support with a Mac or PC that is functioning, joining the Zoom session from that device will allow the Tech Consultant to provide remote support and help directly assess the issue.
- If you need support with a device that is not functional enough to join a Zoom session or isn’t a Mac or PC, you can join the Zoom session from any device. Having a device with a camera is valuable, especially if we are helping to assess repair needs for a broken device.
- If your device is damaged and you want to use the University’s Tech Repair service, we will help connect you with Tech Repair to set up the device drop off.
We can help with:
- general usage questions
- software and hardware issues
- virus and malware removal
- how to prevent potential issues (e.g. performing updates and backing up)
- support for a variety of common devices used across campus
In addition, we partner with the campus Tech Repair team to provide:
- hardware repairs and upgrades
- operating system installs
- data transfers
Tech Repair is an authorized Apple, Dell, and HP (business line) service provider.
Stop in a Tech Consulting location to speak with our team:
- Angell Hall Computing Site
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Tech Shop - Michigan Union
- Tech Shop - Pierpont Commons