Read the latest Campus Computing Sites announcement on service changes in response to COVID-19.
The Tech Consulting Team offers real time, walk-in support at no cost to you. Our student team partners with you to solve issues, find resources, and diagnose problems. Our goal is to help you feel informed and empowered to get the most from your technology.
We can help with:
- general usage questions
- software issues
- virus and malware removal
- how to prevent potential issues (e.g. performing updates and backing up)
- support for a variety of common devices used across campus
In addition, we partner with the campus Tech Repair team to provide:
- hardware repairs and upgrades
- operating system installs
- data transfers
Repair services will have a cost associated with them, and the Tech Repair team can provide an estimate prior to work being completed. Tech Repair is an authorized Apple, Dell, and HP (business line) service provider.
Starting Fall 2021, Tech Consulting at the Tech Shop locations will be by appointment. To schedule an appointment to meet with a Tech Consultant, please visit the ITS Tech Repair booking system and select In-Person Consultation for the appointment type at the appropriate location. Appointments will be available for in-person consulting starting 8/9.
- Tech Shop - Michigan Union (Appointment Only)
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–8 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.–5p.m. (Closed Sunday)
- Tech Shop - Pierpont Commons (Appointment Only)
Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–6p.m.
If you need quick support, and no appointments are available, please visit our consultants at the Fishbowl:
- Angell Hall Computing Site (drop-in support available)
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–8 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.–8 p.m.