The Tech Consulting Team offers real time, walk-in support at no cost to you. Our student team partners with you to solve issues, find resources, and diagnose problems. Our goal is to help you feel informed and empowered to get the most from your technology.
We can help with:
- general usage questions
- software issues
- virus and malware removal
- how to prevent potential issues (e.g. performing updates and backing up)
- support for a variety of common devices used across campus
In addition, we partner with the campus Tech Repair team to provide:
- hardware repairs and upgrades
- operating system installs
- data transfers
Repair services will have a cost associated with them, and the Tech Repair team can provide an estimate prior to work being completed. Tech Repair is an authorized Apple, Dell, and HP (business line) service provider.
Tech Consulting is provided at the Tech Shop locations as a walk-in service.
- Tech Shop - Michigan Union
Tech Shop - Michigan Union Hours
- Tech Shop - Pierpont Commons
Tech Shop - Pierpont Commons Hours
While consultants at the Tech Shop locations are better able to provide support for device troubleshooting and checking in devices for repair, you can also visit us at the Fishbowl if that is more convenient:
- Angell Hall Computing Site (drop-in support available)
Angell Hall Computing Site Hours