The Tech Consulting Team typically offers real-time, walk-in support at no cost to you. Currently, we are only able to offer virtual consultations. Our student team partners with you to solve issues, find resources, and diagnose problems. Our goal is to help you feel informed and empowered to get the most from your technology.
What We Can Help With
We provide support for:
- General usage questions
- Software and hardware issues
- Virus and malware removal
- How to prevent potential issues (e.g. performing updates and backing up)
- Support for a variety of common devices used across campus
We partner with campus Tech Repair for:
- hardware repairs and upgrades
- data transfers
- operating system installs
Tech Repair is an authorized Apple, Dell, and HP (business line) service provider.
Remote Tech Consulting
Remote Tech Consulting is available Monday through Friday from 8.a.m. to 8.pm. Support is provided on a first come, first serve virtual basis using Zoom via the Remote Office Hours tool.
Before You Join
- For Macs & PCs: Join the Zoom from the Mac or PC experiencing issues, if possible, so that Tech Consultants can provide direct support.
- For other device types or damaged devices: Join the Zoom from another functioning device. If the device experiencing issues has damage, we recommend using a device with a camera to join Zoom to assess what repairs are needed.
Ready to Join?
Oops! Looks like it's outside of our normal business hours (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m. ET)
Go to the Tech Consulting Office Hours Queue and click "Join Queue." Wait time will vary depending on how many people are ahead of you.
- Angell Hall Computing Site
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Tech Shop - Michigan Union
- Tech Shop - Pierpont Commons