GitHub is the single largest host for Git repositories and is the central point of collaboration for millions of developers and projects. Many open-source projects use it for Git hosting, issue tracking, code review, and other things.
U-M GitHub will give users access to advanced features under an enterprise license.
We are utilizing the GitHub Enterprise Cloud SaaS version. Currently, individuals and units can have their own accounts. Having a single enterprise SaaS solution creates a consistent experience for all users at U-M. In addition, units can take full advantage of the rich features of the SaaS version.
Features & Benefits
- Consistent user experience
- One enterprise license for all four campuses
- Single Sign on enabled
- Web form to sign up — Shortcode needed for rebilling
- Import or create organizations in our enterprise
- Allow for collaboration across university boundaries
- Pages and Wikis
- Find more advanced developers' benefits on the GitHub website