Mathematica provides a single integrated, continually expanding system that covers the breadth and depth of technical computing—and seamlessly available in the cloud through any web browser, as well as natively on all modern desktop systems.
U-M faculty, staff, and students.
Faculty and Staff
Mathematica for departmentally owned computers is funded by a license consortium of U-M departments. The consortium currently includes:
- Dearborn Campus
- College of Engineering (contact CAEN to obtain your software and licensing information)
- Michigan Medicine
If you are a member of one of the departments in the consortium, contact your department's software administrator for access to Mathematica on your computer. Other departments may join the consortium.
If necessary, create an account with Wolfram (one-time process):
- Go to the Wolfram Sign-In page.
- Click Don't have a Wolfram ID? Create one.
- Fill out the form using an @umich.edu email and click Create Wolfram ID.
- Note: Installation on multiple machines is supported; complete the form for each machine.
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID.
Request Mathematica local installation (installer and key):
- Go to the Wolfram Portal.
- Click Product Summary.
- Click Get Downloads and select the download for your operating system.
- Run the installer on your machine; enter the Activation Key when prompted.