Red Hat Satellite at U-M
- Provide service that allows units to administer their servers.
- Access to Red Hat software updates through Satellite.
- Backups for disaster recovery events.
- User management with automated access updates.
- Security of Duo Two-Factor Authentication.
- Robust 24/7 support and monitoring.
Shared Organization in Satellite
- Access to Red Hat and common repositories used on campus.
- Customized user roles (namespace).
- Secure access to your unit’s servers.
- Ability to assign roles based on MCommunity groups.
Enable administrators to:
- Control what repositories to which their servers have access.
- Manage custom activation keys.
- Patch servers.
- Manage content.
- Perform host provisioning.