When Disclosing Outside Interests
- Submit an Outside Interest Disclosure - Instructions to add new, edit existing, and remove outside interests from your disclosure record, including restoring previously inactive outside interests.
- Action Center and Disclosure Form Demonstration (7:13) opens in MiVideo
- Action Center - Reference guide explaining features of the Action Center
- View Status of In Progress Disclosure - How to view an in-progress disclosure without reopening it.
When Determining if a Conflict of Interest (COI) Exists
- Submit Information for a Research Initiated Certification - Instructions to complete a Research Initiated Certification (RC). Your answers to the RC questions provide detail about a specific outside interest that helps the COI Office determine if an outside interest represents a potential conflict of interest (COI).
- Submit Feedback to COI Office - Instructions to submit feedback about disclosure questions after the initial submission of an RC to respond to additional questions from the COI Office about a potential COI.
When You Have a COI
- Respond to a COI Management Plan - Instructions to access, review, and respond (i.e., accept) a Management Plan for the COI situation.
- Respond to the Annual Review of your COI Management Plan - Instructions to access, answer, and submit the Annual Review questionnaire for a conflicted individual.
- Update your Company Profile - Instructions to access, update, and delete your company profile.
Ombuds, Monitors, Other Approvers
When You are Responsible for the Oversight of a COI Situation
- Review and Respond to a COI Plan - Instructions to review and respond to a COI Plan and agree or disagree with the terms of the plan.
- Submit Annual Review Response for a COI Management Plan - Instructions to complete the annual questionnaire regarding your oversight of a COI situation.
When You Assist Others to Complete their Outside Interest Disclosure
Prepare/Update an Outside Interest Disclosure for Others - Instructions for Unit Administrators (proxies) to enter outside interest disclosure data for another person.
When You are Responsible for Reviewing Disclosures for Your School/College or Organization
- Review Outside Interests - Instructions for Unit Reviewers to access and approve outside interest disclosures on behalf of your unit.
- Reviewer Demonstration (5:02) opens in MiVideo
- Points to Consider - Resource listing what the Unit Reviewer should evaluate when approving outside interest disclosures.
When You are Responsible for Your Unit's Use of M-Inform
- Maintaining Department Information - Instructions for Unit Administrators to assign M-Inform roles (e.g. unit reviewers) and send reminder emails to disclosers in your unit.
- M-Inform Disclosure Questions (Sample) - Resource displaying the questions in the disclosure form to be used to assist disclosers in your unit. DO NOT use to submit disclosure information.
- View/Export Department Reports - Instructions for reporting options available to Unit Administrators in M-Inform.