Authorized users/administrators can access MiVideo from most any device with an Internet connection.
Manage multimedia content through MiVideo
- Upload most multimedia file types (bulk + FTP)
- Automatically transcode to a variety of output files
- Build categories, playlists, channels
- Use metadata fields to tag, manage, search, expose content
- Package videos with supporting documents (PDF, PPT, .doc)
- Moderate and use workflows
- Capture analytics
Distribute, Publish, Syndicate Content
- Present content on multiple devices
- Publish videos in websites, Canvas, and MediaSpace
- Customize playlists
- Live stream and Stream in HD
- Control access and scheduling
- Provide content with a 508 accessible Flash player
- Push content to multiple sites from central dashboard
Provides an easy-to-use, web-based solution for
Teaching & Learning
- Integrates with Canvas learning management system
- Expands faculty/student video interactions through collaboration tools
- Enables instructors and students to upload, view, and share rich media materials.
- Enhances training efforts.
- Manages media files that are part of a research project
- Streams videos to research staff.
- Annotates, time stamps, packages with other related files (e.g. pdf, jpg, doc, etc.) for download.
- Provides security features to help manage access and scheduling
- Offers your content in a branded, YouTube-like experience for viewers
- Enables galleries, playlists, and social sharing
- Distributes to third-party destinations (e.g. YouTube, Hulu, etc.)
- Captures analytics
University units can subscribe to the service to:
- Enable faculty to incorporate videos in teaching and learning
- Equip staff with tools to publish, track, and manage video efficiently
- Organize, distribute, and analyze marketing/communications content
- Deliver training, simulation, and other instructional content to designated groups
Researchers can subscribe to the service to:
- Manage media files that are part of a research project
- Stream video to research staff
- Control access to sensitive content