The latest M-Pathways Update is available in My LINC. This issue contains reminders and news about M-Pathways Human Resource Management System, Student Administration, BusinessObjects, and Safe Computing.
For past issues, search "MPathways Update" in My LINC.
General Reminders and News
- Peak M-Pathways System Usage Beginning of Fall Term
The beginning of a new academic year is always a time of heavy system usage. The peak period during which students drop and add classes is anticipated to begin on August 29 and continue through the drop/add deadline on Monday, September 19.
- Enroll/Update UM Emergency Alerts
UM Emergency Alert numbers are used solely in the case of a campuswide alert. Examples of situations where a notification may be sent are a tornado warning, potential life-threatening incident, campus emergency, or class cancellations.
- SAP BusinessObjects upgrade coming on October 16
Benefits include improved architecture and updated technology that will provide a secure and better platform. This upgrade will also enhance the look and feel of the system interface for a better user experience.
Human Resource Management System
- Time Reporting New Enhancements, Additional Help Resources and Tips
Since the February roll-out of the new Time Reporting to campus, a few enhancements have been added:
- For all employees, the Supervisor ID has been added to the top of the Time Reporting pages, and additional summary views (by combo code, by day) have been added to the bottom.
- For Punch employees, the TCD ID has been added to the timesheet.
- Operational users can toggle between using the Punch or Elapsed timesheets.
- eRecruit: Onboarding Status Page Enhancements
Effective August 10, 2022, new enhancements are available for the eRecruit Onboarding Status Page to assist hiring units in assessing the new employee onboarding status and COVID vaccine compliance for appointments processed through eRecruit.
- Change in PAR Approval for House Officers – One Less Step!
Graduate Medical Education (GME) partnered with ITS to simplify assigning a House Officer Personnel Action Request (PAR) to a GME Financial Specialist. Starting Wednesday, August 10th, PAR creators for House Officers will no longer need to select an individual GME approver.
- New Benefits Pages
In July, the Benefits pages used for Open Enrollment and Newly Benefit-Eligible employees got a new look!
- Student Pronouns available in Data Warehouse
Student pronouns are now available in the Student Records Data Warehouse on the table person_pronouns. See the data dictionary for table details.
- New Data Protection 101 Course - Your Shared Responsibility to Protect the U
U-M employees and community members all share in the responsibility to help protect U-M IT systems and data. A new course in My LINC, Data Protection 101: Your Shared Responsibility, is now available to all faculty, staff, and students.
- New Video: Protecting U-M from Cyberthreats
The Securing the University of Michigan video explores the cyberthreats we face and the actions the university takes to protect its resources, data, and the U-M community.
- Our Shared Responsibility with Cyberattacks at U-M
Together, we can do a lot to thwart threats, ward off attacks, and nip potential incidents in the bud. Every single one of us truly makes a difference when it comes to protecting the U.
This message is sent quarterly to M-Pathways Financials and Physical Resources (FIN), Human Resource Management System (HRMS), and Student Administration (SA) systems operational users and unit liaisons.