The monthly U-M Google Summaries inform campus of Google releases for Core Apps as well as the Non-Core Apps (those that are not part of the G Suite for Education agreement). We communicate important information on Core Apps throughout the month. Core and Non-Core Apps are listed on the G Suite website.
- Present Like a Pro: New Updates in Slides
- Use Google Drive and the Files App to Organize Content on your iOS 11 Device
- New features in Google’s Contacts app on Android
- Dial into a Hangouts Meet video call
- Turning Down the In-App Passcode Feature in Google
Previously Communicated (if applicable):
- New! Google Calendar on the Web
- Create custom headers and footers in Google Sheets
- Google Tips, Tricks, and Ideas
- Google Team Drives Went Live October 25
- Reminder: Google Drive File Stream on MacOS - If installed on macOS, some virus scan apps try to scan the entire “Google Drive” volume that is automatically mounted upon login. This drastically reduces performance. To avoid this, the “Google Drive” volume should be excluded from the virus scan. MiWorkspace devices already exclude it from being scanned.
Note: Keep in mind that even when non-core apps are found in a core app (like Google Drive), they are not covered by the G Suite for Education agreement.
The Collaboration Services Team