- Google Team Drives comparison with Shared Accounts in Google My Drive and Box
- Google Team Drives Overview
- Accessing U-M Google via a mobile device, Google Sync
- Accounts for People Who Leave U-M
- CTools to U-M Box and U-M Google Feature/Function Map
- Discussion Groups
- Google Team Drive and My Drive Differences
- Google Team Drives Best Practices
- Google Team Drives Data Migration
- Manage Resource Calendar Permissions
- Managing Group Calendars & Resource Calendars
- Managing MCommunity Groups and UMICH Passwords for Shared Accounts
- MCommunity Group Synchronization to U-M Google and Box
- Migrate Microsoft outlook content to U-M Gmail
- Sending Email to Large Audiences
- Shared Accounts in U-M Box and U-M Google
- Signing In and Out of Your U-M Google Account Via the Web
- U-M Box and Google Drive: Ownership and Permissions
- U-M Google Spam email procedures
- Working with Gmail
- Working with MCommunity Groups
The ITS Collaboration Team is happy to offer instructor-led training sessions to U-M faculty and staff. All sessions are free of charge and are open for registration via My LINC.
(60 mins) Never used the G-Suite before? This instructor-led workshop will provide an overview of what comes with the suite such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites and other collaboration services. This 1 hour instructor-led course is scheduled 3 times a year.
(120 mins) Sending and receiving mail have you confused? Want to learn new tricks? This hands-on training will provide an introduction to using your mail and calendar. Use labs in mail, share and set permissions in your calendar, create meetings and invite guests, and other basic functions will be explored. This 2 hour instructor-led course is scheduled at least 3 times a year.
(2 hrs) Want to learn how to use Google Drive more productively? This instructor-led session will help familiarize you with the main Google Drive applications: Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Participants will learn how to upload and create files, how to set permissions for files, and how to share files.
(60 mins) Gathering collecting? Want to send out a quick survey? Why not try using Google Forms? Google Forms is a streamlined tool that allows you to build, collaborate and distribute surveys online. Participants will be able to use forms for event planning, data collection and quizzes and so much more. This 1 hour instructor-led course is scheduled quarterly.
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of Google products
(60 mins) Want to create websites that are easy to use but yet dynamic? This instructor-led session will help you create a basic site(s) using Google Sites. Participants will learn how to create a site by adding pages, images, text, graphics, and embed Google Documents, Sheets, Forms and other apps. This 1 hour instructor-led course is scheduled at least 3 times a year. Prerequisite: Basic understanding of Google products.
(60 mins) Want to learn which service to use for storing or creating your files? This instructor-led session will help you learn the best place to store sensitive data, Microsoft files, and collaboration techniques. You’ll also learn the similarities and differences when using Box or Google. We’ll also provide a breakdown of the file permissions of both Google and Box.
CTools Migration Resources
- CTools Project Sites Transition Website
- IT4U - 42 minute recorded training webinar and related resource links
- User Essentials (self-paced) - 40-60 minute course covering most end user features
- CTools Project Site Migration Day 1 — Using Box
- Learn about the latest on Google in our updates
- Visit the U-M Collaboration Forum
- Check out the G Suite Learning Center and Transformation Gallery
- Watch The G Suite Show, a video series highlighting tips and tricks on Google apps
- If you encounter problems using U-M Google while outside of the USA, contact the ITS Service Center