The monthly U-M Google Summaries inform campus of Google releases for Core Apps as well as the Non-Core Apps (those that are not part of the G Suite for Education agreement). We communicate important information on Core Apps throughout the month. Core and Non-Core Apps are listed on the G Suite website.
- Improving the menus in Google Docs editors
- Quick access for Docs now available
- Add a custom favicon in the new Google Sites
- Legacy Google Drive desktop sync client now shutting down on May 12th, 2018
- Find shared content with new file organization in Google Drive
- Improve collaboration in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides with Activity dashboard
- Customize Your G Suite Experience With App Maker
- Inbox types now supported in the Gmail app for Android
- Warning message shown to iOS users who don’t have Hangouts Meet enabled
Note: Keep in mind that even when Non-core Apps are found in a Core App (like Google Drive), they are not covered by the G Suite for Education agreement.