Alumni of any U-M campus who do not already have a uniqname can create one online. Once alumni have a uniqname, an MCommunity Directory profile is created automatically for them.
Create a Uniqname
- Go to the UMICH Account Management page for creating a uniqname.
- You will be asked to agree to abide by Responsible Use of Information Resources (SPG 601.07).
- Verify your identity by providing this information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Year of first U-M degree
- One of the following:
- Alumni ID (10-digit number found on mailing label)
- UMID (found on your U-M ID card)
- the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- You will then be able to choose a uniqname and set your UMICH password.
Getting Alumni Status
U-M graduates receive alumni status automatically. Graduates who already have a uniqname and MCommunity Directory profile keep these and have their alumni affiliation added to their directory profile.
Former students who have completed at least one semester of a degree-granting program are eligible for alumni status. Former students who did not receive this status automatically can request it by contacting Gift & Records Administration.