Software & Security
- MiWorkspace provides the software U-M faculty and staff need to work. The standard software is selected by your unit, plus additional software or administrative access by request and approval.
- Regular software updates for Windows and Mac devices keep you working securely and without disruption. Updates are tested prior to release for compatibility and performance on your device and with U-M applications.
- MiWorkspace balances security with convenience when securing your data, devices, and personal information. IT security features are provided and adjusted as threats change. Encrypted laptops, storage for most sensitive data, security patches, and security settings help keep your data safe on and off campus.
Flexibility & Mobility
- Stay connected on campus when moving from building to building. Devices are tested to work with campus WiFi networks, including MWireless.
- Install MPrint printers located on campus. Learn more about MPrint, U-M's printing service.
- Mobile and remote technology allows off-campus network access for Windows devices without connecting via U-M Virtual Private Network (VPN). Mac laptops are preconfigured to work with the U-M VPN.
Support for University & Personal Devices
- Work with familiar IT professionals who know you and your work to answer your desktop questions. The IT professional you work with is backed by a team of Neighborhood IT staff across campus who can access shared tools, best-practices, other IT experts, and a database of knowledge.
- Contact the ITS Service Center for help accessing U-M resources on your personal device, including printing, network, and University of Michigan Google and Box accounts.