The Unit Representative group brings together individuals from campus organizations with ITS project leaders to prepare units, and the university as a whole, for new IT services.
As a group, the Unit Representatives will look ahead to important organizational and transition issues associated with new IT services. We will take on a shared responsibility in these areas:
- Provide input and review on the IT projects' key messages
- Bring our administration, HR, and IT staff members into the conversation
- Collect feedback from our constituents
- Serve as a voice of our unit, within the Unit Representative group
- Serve as a voice of the IT projects, within our unit
- Assess impacts to our constituents; within the UR group build a shared understanding of those impacts
- Anticipate points of friction with the coming changes and recommend approaches
- Support events aimed at smoothing the transitions
- Take shared responsibility for unit readiness
- Identify a Unit Readiness Coordinator for each of our units
- Collaborate with our Unit Readiness Coordinators to carry out readiness activities
- Provide input on go/no-go decisions for our units
- Unit Representatives Listing (Google Doc)
To modify or inquire about membership, please contact the ITS Customer Relations team.
Unit Representative Meetings
To view presentations or recordings prior to 2015, please contact ITS.Customer.Relations@umich.edu.