U-M Weblogin for Office 365 will be enabled on December 4, 2017. If you have a Microsoft Office 365 Education Suite account registered with your U-M (umich.edu) email address, your login information will change from your self-directed password to your U-M Weblogin credentials. Weblogin is U-M’s login system that is integrated with your uniqname and your UMICH (Level-1 or Kerberos) password.
This change will impact faculty, students, and staff with a Microsoft Office 365 Education Suite account on all U-M campuses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it mean to use Weblogin?
Weblogin is U-M's login page that is integrated with your uniqname and your UMICH password (also known as Level-1 or Kerberos password). Learn more about the U-M Weblogin.
- What will my new Office 365 password be?
Your Office 365 password will be your UMICH password.
- What if I don’t know my UMICH level 1) password?
You may reset your UMICH password yourself if you had previously set up security questions. Or, you may contact the ITS Service Center at 734-764-HELP (764-4357) for assistance.
- What do you mean by Office 365?
Office 365 means all web applications that are accessible via portal.office.com.
- What specifically will change?
When you log into portal.office.com you will be re-directed from the Microsoft login to the U-M Weblogin.
- What isn’t changing?
Software that is part of Microsoft Office that is installed on up to five machines will still work as they do today.
- Will this impact my use of software that is installed on my computer?
No. When you launch software like Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel that is installed on your computer, you will not need to input a username or password.
- Will other products that are tied to my Office 365 credentials be impacted?
No. Federated systems or systems that are integrated with Office 365 will not be impacted.
- I received an email about my Office 365 password changing on November 17, 2017. Is this message legitimate?
Yes, this is a legitimate notice of a change that ITS is making.
- Does this change mean that individuals who are no longer ‘active’ will lose services?
At this time, no. Users who are not active will still have access to online services via Office 365. We enabled U-M Weblogin for Office 365 on December 4, 2017. Your login information will change from your self-directed password to your U-M Weblogin credentials. Weblogin is U-M's login that is integrated with your uniqname and your UMICH (level-1) password. No other action is required by you.
This change will impact faculty, students, staff, alumni, and retirees with a Microsoft Office 365 Education Suite account on all U-M campuses.
- Will the software package that I’ve purchased for my personal use that is included with Office 365 be impacted?
No, software that is installed on your device from Office 365 will not be impacted. Logging into Office 365 (office.com) to access the software to download will change.
- What if I have a med.umich.edu account. Will that be impacted?
If you created an Office 365 account with your @med.umich.edu email, your account will not be impacted.