Campus Computing Site Printing Eligibility
Everyone is welcome to use to print at Campus Computing Sites. You may need to complete a couple of action items before you are able to print:
- If you have a uniqname, please visit mprint.umich.edu/account to determine which printers are available to you and what your remaining printing allocation is for Campus Computing Sites printing.
- If you do not have a uniqname, please visit mprint.umich.edu/guest or stop by a University Library Reference Service Desk for assistance.
Sites Printing Rules
- DO NOT insert different paper or other materials into the printers (i.e., resumé paper or transparency sheets). These may jam and damage the printer's inner components and you will be held responsible.
- DO NOT take paper from the Sites printers. Removing paper from the Sites printers is considered theft and disciplinary action will be taken.
- DO NOT power off the printers. If you experience a problem with a printer, contact the Sites staff or report the problem by calling the ITS Service Center at 734-764-4357.
Poster Printing Tips
It takes time to set up files correctly for poster printing, so make sure you reserve extra time to print.
- Consider using the same operating system while designing your poster; switching between Mac and PC can lead to issues.
- Save the poster file as PDF, TIF, or EPS.
- Design the poster to be less than 41" wide. The poster printer does not print the entire 42" width of paper.
- Use images and graphs that are saved as TIF, PNG, or EPS and have a minimum of 150 ppi (pixels per inch) to avoid pixelated appearance.
- Save or convert files to CMYK color model before printing. The RGB color model is the default on most software and is optimized for digital screens, not printing. Use Photoshop, available on Campus Computing Sites computers, to change the color model (Image menu and select Mode > CMYK). For suggestions on color adjustments, visit Peter Forret's Color Conversion Tool.
- Avoid using transparent colors.
After sending a document to the poster printer, visit the Poster Release page. You may delete or release your print job after reviewing the total cost and size dimensions, as well as the preview of the desired output.