January 18, 2021: Due to COVID-19 protocols, the Knox Center will remain closed until further notice. Staff is still available for consultations; please contact Sites.Knox@umich.edu.
For updates, please visit the Knox Center website.
More U-M Resources
- Google Apps Accessibility Information
- Canvas Accessibility
- Computer Ergonomics
- Council for Disability Concerns
- Americans with Disabilities Act Information
- Library Services for Patrons with Disabilities
- Initiative on Disability Studies
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
National and International
- A-Z Deafblindness
Resources for blind, deaf or blinddeaf people
- disABILITY Information and Resources
Categorized and alphabetized links and resources
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
Guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
Educational Videos from the University of Washington
- Access to Technology in the Workplace: In Our Own Words
- Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities
- Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology
Accessible Website Design
- Web Accessibility at U-M
- Complete List of Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
U-M currently has a license for axe Monitor. For assistance with using this tool, please contact email@example.com.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Section 508 Guidelines
A comprehensive resource for accessibility strategies and online simulations
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design
Videos on designing accessible websites (University of Washington)
- Vendor Guide to Web Accessibility Cookbook