August 26, 2020: Due to COVID-19 protocols, the Knox Center will be closed until further notice. Staff is still available for consultations; please contact Sites.Knox@umich.edu.
For updates, please visit https://its.umich.edu/computing/accessible-computing/atcs.
More U-M Resources
- Google Apps Accessibility Information
- Canvas Accessibility
- Computer Ergonomics
- Council for Disability Concerns
- Americans with Disabilities Act Information
- Library Services for Patrons with Disabilities
- Initiative on Disability Studies
- Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)
National and International
- A-Z Deafblindness
Resources for blind, deaf or blinddeaf people
A searchable database of thousands of high, low, and no-tech products of interest to people with disabilities.
- Cornucopia of Disability Information
Resources for daily living, driving, learning and recreation (University of Buffalo)
- disABILITY Information and Resources
Categorized and alphabetized links and resources
- Equal Access to Software and Information (EASI)
Online training on accessible information technology
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
Guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
Inclusion on this list should not be interpreted as implying endorsement by the University of Michigan.
Educational Videos from the University of Washington
- Access to Technology in the Workplace: In Our Own Words
- The Winning Equation: Access + Attitude = Success in Math and Science
- Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities
- Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology
Accessible Website Design
- Web Accessibility at the U-M
- Complete List of Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
U-M currently has a license for Deque Comply. For assistance with using this tool, please contact email@example.com.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Section 508 Guidelines
A comprehensive resource for accessibility strategies and online simulations
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design
Videos on designing accessible websites (University of Washington)
- Vendor Guide to Web Accessibility Cookbook