Teaching & Learning is looking for a student to take charge of our internal video and media needs. We want someone who can:
- Capture, edit, and produce a video of campus outreach events, training sessions, and interviews.
- Effectively use video and other media in social networking, web, and other outreach channels.
Successful candidates will have a demo reel and samples showcasing their creativity and quality of work. Excellent verbal communication skills, adaptability, quick thinking, and enthusiasm are required.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Assist in the shooting and production of high-quality audio/video media
- Responsible for assembling raw material into a finished video product suitable for broadcasting or posting online
- Generate final product for social media, websites, future promotions, and storytelling
- Storyboard with team members on the best approach
- Work with the teams to capture film and b-roll footage for assigned stories
- Experiment with using media with existing Teaching & Learning platforms
- Enrolled in Undergraduate or Graduate Degree or Certificate Program
- Video demo reel or samples of work required
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to travel for on-location assignments across UM-Ann Arbor campus
- Must be able to operate, lift, and carry video equipment up to 15 pounds
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization
- Familiarity with student experience on U-M Ann Arbor campus
- Experience with photography and animation is a plus
- Familiarity with Kaltura’s MiVideo media streaming service and its use in Canvas
- Understanding of accessibility issues and developing media to best practices
Work Hours and Location
- Hours: 10-15 hours per week, flexible schedule.
- Location: This position may require travel across the U-M Ann Arbor Campus and some work with the ITS Teaching and Learning group at the Boyer Building on South Campus (near the football stadium). All locations are served by the U-M buses.
- Start Date: October 2019
- End Date: May 2020 with opportunity to extend through summer 2020
Starting pay is $12.50–$15.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.