This position’s main focus is assisting in daily support and troubleshooting activities for the customer base, as well as other members of the Software Services team. The daily activities includes troubleshooting PC and Mac installations, integrating software upgrades, distributing software, inventory and website maintenance, and assisting customers with software license renewals and other issues. The position will assist with record-keeping related to software procurement and compliance.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with team members and other service support groups to effectively resolve incidents and requests for software, as well as coordinate with vendor support
- Troubleshoot software problems to the best of your ability; refer unresolved problems as appropriate
- Assist other team members in the development and updating of customer and technical support knowledge base documentation
- Foster a productive and positive environment in the site by providing feedback and ideas for improvement
- Conduct effective communications with co-workers, product teams, and end-users with guidance from senior personnel
- Must be a University of Michigan student
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable
- Experience in customer support/service role
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Familiarity with Macintosh and PC hardware and software
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Mac OS) and industry standard web browsers
- Experience with Google and communication software (Windows & Macintosh)
- Experience providing technical support, demonstrating exceptional customer service and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with the U-M information technology environment and associated services
- Experience as a computer technician, technical subjects instructor, or technical writer
Experience providing support for the University of Michigan's leading edge, core technologies. As a part of a dynamic team, you will increase your customer focus while improving your troubleshooting and analytical skills in a professional customer support organization.
Work Hours and Location
This position requires a 10-20 hour per week commitment onsite at Administrative Services Building (ASB) on South Campus (near the football stadium); hours must be between Monday-Friday 8am-5:30pm. A U-M bus stop is located outside ASB.
Available Openings: 4
Hours: 10–20 hours per week
$9.50 per hour to start. Eligible for up to two merit increases per academic year.
Interested students should complete the online application.
Your cover letter should include the following information: (1) Specific outline of the reasons for your interest in the position (2) An outline of your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position (3) Describe your customer service philosophy.