Showcase Delivery Drivers deliver needed technology directly to U-M departments. A successful candidate will be trustworthy, motivated, self-disciplined, energetic, and capable of operating independently. Technical expertise is not required, as long as a candidate demonstrates critical thinking, logical problem solving ability, and a willingness to learn.
- Take paid Showcase product orders to departmental customers around campus.
- Assist customers with completing a delivery confirmation form.
- Answer questions that customers may ask either in-person or over the phone.
- Respond to developing situations as directed to by voice mail, email, phone calls, or text.
- Ensure product security is maintained in accordance with established procedure.
- Operate University of Michigan-owned service vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate for periods of time independent of supervision and immediate assistance from Showcase team members.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Showcase Manager.
Learn about leading edge, core technologies at the University of Michigan. Be a part of a multi-disciplined dynamic team working towards a common goal.
- Must be a student currently enrolled at the University of Michigan
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds individually.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in person and in writing
- Expressed desire to learn and gain experience in the information technologies field
- Demonstrated ability to carry out tasks and directives, efficiently and accurately, independent of supervision or immediate assistance
- Familiarity with all of the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor campus
- Ability to take the initiative and deal with developing situations as they occur
- Ability to interact with customers and fellow Showcase staff members in a professional and friendly manner
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Experience as a team member and/or as a team leader
- Experience in the moving and trucking industry
Work Locations and Hours
The Showcase office is located in the Michigan Union on Central Campus, but staff will regularly travel all over campus.
Monday–Friday 12:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday 11a.m.–5 p.m.
$9.50 per hour.
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.