The ITS Teaching and Learning group needs a smart, detail-oriented individual to help support MiVideo, the university’s streaming media service. MiVideo is integrated with the learning management systems at all three campuses and supports over 70 research and unit-level customer use cases.
Your primary job function will be MiVideo service management, which encompasses all the things that make MiVideo run from integrating Weblogin with standalone sites to developing customer-facing training videos and documentation and managing internal processes.
We offer a flexible schedule, relaxed work environment, and even a treadmill workstation!
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Become proficient with MiVideo service and tools
- Create training videos, update and create new documentation
- Help transition current customers to new features
- Provide your valuable insights from the student's perspective
- Technical aptitude for learning complex applications
- Excellent ability to focus on details and maintain high-quality work
- Excellent communication skills (in-person and written) and a friendly, can-do attitude
- Creative troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Works independently and demonstrates judgment on when to escalate issues
- Knowledge of the U-M computing environment
- Experience with creating screen-recordings, video, or training materials is a plus, but not required.
- Gain experience in an IT environment providing and improving high-value customer service
- Learn how to create excellent customer-facing training materials
- Gain experience creating professional customer-facing training materials
- Learn how service management operates at an enterprise-level IT organization
- Work with a variety media creation and delivery tools and analytics
- Gain experience working in a fast-paced, technology-oriented professional environment with a flat hierarchy and common goal
Work Hours and Location
- Hours: 10 hours per week during Monday-Friday, 9-5 business hours
- Location: This position may require travel across the U-M Ann Arbor Campus and some work with the ITS Teaching and Learning group at the Boyer Building on South Campus (near the football stadium). All locations are served by the U-M buses.
- Start Date: 9/17/2018 - 9/30/2018
- End Date: 4/30/2019 with opportunity to extend through June 2019
Starting pay is $12.50 per hour.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.