The position offers the opportunity to provide instructional design and consulting to support University of Michigan faculty in their use of Canvas.
About ITS and ITS Teaching & Learning
Information and Technology Services provides centralized technology services in support of all U-M campuses’ needs. The Teaching & Learning (T&L) group within ITS develops, integrates, and supports enterprise-scale academic technology services for the university in the areas of Learning Management (including Canvas), Learning Analytics and Data Services, and Academic Advising.
- Become an expert in using Canvas
- Gain experience in instructional design choices
- Learn how large organizations handle IT changes
- Work directly with a variety of faculty members across campus and build relationships
- Gain experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy and common goal
- Learn how software bugs and feature needs are identified, prioritized and acted upon
- Background in instructional design, instructional technology, education, communication
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in Canvas and web skills
- Experience creating digital documentation such as video and screencasts
- Excellent communication skills (in-person and written), including active listening and relationship building
- Instructional experience in adult setting
- Creative problem-solving and analysis skills
- Works independently and demonstrates judgment on when to escalate issues
- Knowledge of the campus computing environment
- Experience with project management and collaboration on teams
- Media creation experience: graphic design, tutorial creation and learning object creation
Work Hours and Location
This position requires up to 20 hours per week commitment primarily in the Boyer building on South Campus and might require visiting faculty to support on main Ann-Arbor campus.
Send your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to Nargas Oskui (email@example.com). Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position. If you have any questions feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.